pages

Monday, 11 November 2013

Lest we forget

Yesterday my sweetheart and I attended a remembrance service in north London.
it was a beautiful morning and many people came along to pay their respects.
I think these pictures say all that needs to be said...
Despite loving a man in uniform, thankfully I have never had to cope with him being away or in danger.
I cannot begin the imagine the agony and loneliness that comes from having a loved one separated from you for such a long time, in such danger and maybe never coming back.
Many have sacrificed there lives in pursuit of peace, love and freedom, may their sacrifice one day prove to have not been in vein.
I'm  lucky to have my true love safe and sound and with me but many do not have such luxury, I hope on this day and always they will not be forgotten.

we will remember them.

Love Hollie xx


3 comments:

  1. You are just at the beginning of your journey. You will emerge a stronger, more independent woman than you ever dreamt you could be.

    I've been a military spouse since 1981. I've waited through Northern Ireland, Bosnia, and Afghanistan. My oldest son is now serving. Which brings yet more worries.

    You will survive and be amazed at what you learn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank for your encouragement! my partner has recently gone through medical discharge and came out of the forces mid september. He's readjusting well but its a big change for him, he was serving for the best part of 8 years. I'm exceptionally lucky that I never had to watch him go. My thoughts are with your son.

    love Hollie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post is very moving and lovely, dear Hollie. You two are a strong, inspirational, wonderful couple and I truly wish nothing but the best in life.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete