pages

Wednesday, 3 July 2013

Take me out to the....car show!


Via
A few weeks ago now, Beau and I met some friends for a day out at the
pue-nostalgia classic car show.
The show was held at 'the lawn' in essexs and despite the weather not being to good there was a great crowd, with a really lovely atmosphere and needless to say many many dream worthy cars!
Here I am with my absolute favourite car of the day!
The things I would give for a shiny red Chevrolet pick up truck!
Another pretty!
I couldnt resist the pinstriping on this little beauty! the interior was completely pinstriped too!!
In a bid to banish the frump I've been trying to be less ridged with outfits and trying to actually
have fun with my clothes again, which at the end of the day is what vintage is all about, isnt it!
For  our day out I wore my freddies, ballet pumps, 50s case bag and the most amazing jacket that I actually forgot I had. Its a vintage varsity jacket with large red collar and a pirate on the back!!
after all that walking we decided to take a little drive to our favourite diner, Bobby Jo's, in southend!
Here is my Boy enjoying a yummy oreo milkshake! if you havnt been, you really must.
the food is to die for and the decoration could not be cuter! all pink and blue booths, checkered floor and a jukebox playing the best of the 50s!
To finish, here is a picture of my beautiful friend Ali and I. I'm looking a might windswept but isnt she a doll!
here you can see my super cute cropped jumper I got from the kelly Brooke range at new look! a sale bargin at £6.00!

Hope everyones well!
that's all for now!
love

Hollie


3 comments:

  1. How wonderfully fun! Our town has an annual car show as well (it's called the Peach City Beach Cruise), and I was thrilled to be able to attend (I didn't know until the last moment if my health would cooperate enough to let me go, but thankfully it did) for the second time now. Both years have been very rainy days, but the wet weather didn't dampen my spirits at all and I'm already looking forward to next year's show.

    ♥ Jessica

    *PS* Love your outfit - that jacket is stellar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That red Chevy is to die for! If I could own an old car, I think I'd pick something like that, there's just something so appealing about old pick ups! I love your jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun!! We just had a car show in town recently but I didn't realize it was happening until we drove past. Hopefully they do one again soon because it's been ages since we last attended. I am SO in love with your sweater, how gorgeous and what a steal! x

    ReplyDelete