pages

Sunday, 7 April 2013

seaside & heart shaped glasses

Yesterday,with the sun shining and shockingly cheap train tickets on our side,
 my beau and I decided to take a day trip to Brighton. 
 The sun was shining but it was freezing cold so we made a bee-line for the pier, to have a go on the arcade games, dolphin derby (my boy) and hook a duck(me)
 we couldn't resist this photo op!
 After the pier we had a stroll round the shops then had fish and chips on the beach for lunch!
the old pier is such a sorry sight.
I thought it was the ideal place to do some posing, I'm so sick of big coats and layers at the moment
so I decided to rebel against the wind (i paid for it later) and wear my favourite skirt, 1940s jacket and shock horror one pair of stockings!
I just had to include a close up of my skirt, its the cutest novelty pirate print
and was one of my very first real vintage buys! 
A firm wardrobe favourite, it never fails to cheer me up.
I teamed my skirt and jacket with faux fur scarf, 1950s cream case bag and red heart shaped sunglasses.
These are another of my favourite things as my best friend and I both bought a pair
from our very first Marilyn Manson concert a few years ago.

After a long stroll along the sea front we headed back to the big smoke for a huge mexican feast
and films.

I've been feeling abit off again recently regarding both style and general life stuff, I don't know what the trigger has been and as nice as this weekend has been, I've still not been feeling right today.

maybe it's just a little trip in the road, oh well,
heres to hopin', heres to copin' as the saying goes!

hope everyone else has been having a wonderful weekend!

Love Hollie xx

8 comments:

  1. You look lovely! Brighton is one of my favourite places on earth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great, and I've been feeling similar recently xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you both! we had a great day. think i need to go back to snoopers paradise without my boy in toe, dress shopping isnt really his cuppa haha! Fairy, I just dont know what it is! just feel really bored and restless and iv had anxiety issues in the past and it feels like its rearing its ugly head again which is only making me worry about everything even more :( xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Life is full of ups and downs - hope you're back up soon :)
    Looking lovely as always xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look so lovely and that skirt is gorgeous!I live like 10 mins away from Brighton, I love it! Was born there too haha!

    Hope your feeling better about your style and 'general life stuff' :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That skirt is too enchantingly delightful for words! I adore that you wore a pirate/nautical themed garment to the beach. I love coordinating my outfit with where I'm going sometimes, too.

    Wishing you oodles of happiness & inspiration this spring, dear gal,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I do like to be beside the seaside! It looks like you had a lovely getaway! I know what you mean about rebelling against the weather - surely it will soon be time to put the winter coats away?!?! SURELY?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do miss the ocean/beach so much.

    That novelty print skirt is to die for and I can absolutely see why it cheers you up.

    Hope you start to feel better soon with regards to life and style.

    HRF

    ReplyDelete