pages

Tuesday, 5 March 2013

Jour Deux: (Not quite) An American in Paris!

Jour Deux.
Via
I'm not an American but I was in Paris and as Gene will always be the one for me I thought I'd start in ode to him!
Day two of my Paris trip is a bit of a miss match really.
Due to the weather neither of us wanted to hang around posing for long!
we started the morning with a birthday breakfast then headed south to a famed flea market, unfortunatly nothing came home with me but a french lady told me I was fabulous which really made my birthday!
Birthday girl! sporting my'awkward photo face' as my beau calls it!
After being sufficiently chilled by the market we warmed up over mulled wine(for me) and hot choc(for my boy). We wanted to make our way towards Notre Dame in doing so walked through the natural history museum park, it was so pretty and snowy but alas I got know pictures!
Paris 1953-Palais de Tokyo photobooth
As it was My birthday evening our original plan was to find a typical french bisto then hunt out some drinks, but  after a day walking in the snow neither of us fancied more walking and when we located a hard rock cafe 5 minutes away we took no convincing!
Giant/potent but yummy cocktails! we even got to keep the glasses!
Birthday dress and cocktails!
We only seemed to get into out photo taking stride on the last day, I think this is when
we realised we have one day left and not many photos! Because of this, I decided to include a few pictures are from our last day, so's not to overwhelm with my final post!
on our final day we woke up early and headed over to the Louvre, deciding to find some breakfast on route, and what a breakfast it was! I spotted the 'Back to the 50s' diner tucked away down a side street and nearly pulled my poor boy over, as I unexpectedly darted off the main road!
My Soldier happily sipping his beloved mountain dew and my yummy cherry topped milkshake!
As you might imagine from a place called 'back to the 50's' the diner was an absolute delight for both tastebuds and eyes! all teal booths, checkered floor, pink tables and the most beautiful juke box full of doo-wop classic.
I felt like I'd died and gone to heaven!

She really was a beauty!

The food was delicious, rosemary fries and pesto burger!Yum! I also came away with their very own pin-up calendar as a memento.

With our tummies full we ventured back out into the freezing cold to find the Louvre!The final installment of my Paris adventure will be along shortly!
Love Hollie xx



3 comments:

  1. Such a fabulously fun Parisian excursion. I'd have been in heaven in the 50s inspired diner, too!


    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now your making me even more jealous, and I am impressed that your hair held up to the snow, first bit of moisture mine sees and its turned to floppy string :) Oh and that Diner looks super and the Rosemary fried pesto burger sounds goooooood! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look beautiful and it looks like you've had a wonderful time in Paris! That 50s diner looks great, nothing better than a milkshake with a cherry on top :D

    ReplyDelete