pages

Wednesday, 27 February 2013

'A dream is a wish your heart makes'

This past Saturday I turned *cough* 25! *cough*
There's no way of escaping it, I am no longer in my early 20's! boo!
beautiful card from my BFF!
To celebrate my Soldier had organized for us to spend the dreaded day in Paris (it was magical, post's to follow)
As I'd be away on my birthday my mum came down on thursday for pre birthday shopping eating and afternoon tea at the Berkley!
I wore my lovely late 1950s tartan two piece and did my hair in a large 60's style bun
please excuse phone pics, my camera is on its way out at the moment!
I met mum at the station and we went over to spittlefield market,then to brick lane vintage shops, After lunch we made our way over to Knightsbridge for our delicious champagne tea!
As we arrived abit early we took a stroll round Harrod's and stumbled across this magical Disney area!

Limited edition Disney for Harrods Cinderella shoes!! ARGH! stuff of my dreams!
 
I was pretty much in my elemant inside the specially made Cinderalla palace surrounded by sparkly shoes and Roses! M
y new swing coat was bought just a few hours before and it was so cold out, I put it straight on!

This is probably the worst photo I've ever posted on here but it's the only one I have from the Berkley, aside from the beautiful cakes and champagne it was so lovely to spend some time alone with my mum, we were there for hour's chatting and eating!
Now, onto the gifts!
I have been so utterly spoilt this year, being bought lots of goodies on thursday and receiving some truley beautiful gifts!

Collectif embroidered cardigan and leopard print halter neck from mum,
Celia Birtwell makeup brush from mums friend
Two beautiful vintage brooches my boy surprised me with in Paris!
The most incredible Bordello shoes from my BFF!
They're like a mix of Dita/Dolly/trashy Wizard of Oz! all my favourite things in one!
I love them!

1950S box bag and Ginger Rogers films from mum
Signed Tracey Emin book from my friend Katie
And of COURSE the Cinderella shoes came home with me!
Did you ever imagine they hadn't?


My very first Horrockses dress from mum! its a lovely 3/4 sleeve cotton wiggle dress with patch pockets and velvet collar!
Vintage makeup/hair/clothes books
Bordello genie shoes and Decca 78 record (presents to myself)
Last but not least,
My second 'very first' item of this post...the most beautiful Confetti Lucite box bag!!
I can't even believe I own this, I've wanted one for so long!
1950s Beaded evening bag
so, I included the shoes twice..... How could I not!!
Look at them! Did I mention they have Cinderella on the insole!

So that was my Birthday, I'm such a lucky girl!
I can't believe I was given such beautiful things!

How has everyone been? It feels good to be back at last!

Love Hollie xx

PS. watch this space for mega Paris Post's!




3 comments:

  1. What an absolutely incredible birthday (and array of to-die-for presents). To spend the day in Paris...that truly sounds like a dream come true. I'm super excited to see your upcoming mega post all about it.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best birthday ever! What amazing presents, you lucky girl!!!! Love your outfit, the new coat, all the pressies....excited to read about Paris!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated Birthday my dear! And what a fabulous week it was! Loving the handbag shaped cake at Berkeley's afternoon tea...and so many lovely presents too! And lovely blog of course!
    May x
    www.walkinginmay.com

    ReplyDelete