pages

Sunday, 4 November 2012

pickering (finally)

 It's been almost three weeks since we made the 7hour journey up north to the annual 1940s weekend in Pickering and I've been meaning to do a post of my picture since then. 
Like I said in my last post I've been feeling a little out of sorts and kind of 'bored' with my blog which if I'm honest is the main reason its taken me so long to add these. 
Anyway I thought it was about time.
 we only managed to get into Pickering on the Saturday, it was unbelievably busy but we still found time to do some posing with the old cars.
my soldier and I
our road trip companions, Alison and Jimmy
Ali and I with a beautiful grey number
'you have really great hair'
 on our way to the stalls this gentleman asked if he could snap us on his old camera, him and the boys then took a moment to admire each others hair.

true love. Ali and I don't stand a chance.
We decided to take a trip to 'Germany' on the beautiful old steam train that was running between villages. Whilst we waited we did some posing on the platform.
our family portrait
hogwarts express?


having some hot chocolate on the dark side.


On the Sunday we had some breakfast in Scarborough(where we were staying) and naturally had a look in the arcades. How amazing is this Elvis slot machine! 


we must of spent about 20 minutes at this game!
So after the arcades we began the long trip home. Overall it was an enjoyable weekend
although the journey time overtook the actual time we spent there which is a shame.
It was definitely one of the more enjoyable events I've been to this year.
I'm still not sure if I'll be going to many more events next year or even where I
stand with my vintage wardrobe but I'll be sure to update my blog a little more often 
(or at least I'll try)

Love Hollie xx

7 comments:

  1. You look wonderful! I wish there were more events like this up my way. Hope your wardrobe crisis sorts itself out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You all look so thoroughly terrific. I adore your timelessly lovely coat and beautiful hairstyle here.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pics Hollie, I am so jealous!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful photos! The boys look so handsome in their outfits and you girls are absolute dolls :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh aren't you gorgeous! Looks like an amazing event too:)

    Ruby xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Howdy! I awarded you the Liebster blog award and just thought I'd give you a heads up in case you wanted to take part and didn't see my blog post about it :)
    Hope you're well x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! This looks lovely. I must put it on the To-Do list! x

    ReplyDelete