pages

Sunday, 23 September 2012

She lay down deep beneath the sea


Yesterday my soldier and I went on a day trip to Margate to see the Tracy Emin exhibition at the Turner Contemporary.
via
Needless to say I loved the show, she has long since been a favourite of mine. The show was lovely (I'm not sure my beau would agree) and the weather was wonderful for a day by the sea!

 After visiting the exhibition we went for a wonder round the old town, there was lots of vintage shops but unfortunately nothing for my dwindling finances. The soldier found an American airforce uniform in one shop which naturally ended up coming home with us but nothing for me!

we found a cannon on top of a hill so did some posing. I wore my new-to-me blue gingham circle skirt, white boat neck top, black cardigan, black ballet pumps, my favourite straw hat and 1950s ceramic forget-me-not broach. I'm so in love with my new skirt, I've hardly taken it off since I got it, it also has a matching sun top and you all know how much I love a two piece!

Heres my beau doing his best cannon fire pose! silly billy!

posing on the cannon, who knew large guns could make such good accessories!
By this time after all that sea air,posing and walking we were in desperate need of a cream tea, so on the recommendation of a local shop owner we made our way to the Walpole Bay Hotel.

via
you haven't heard of it I really would suggest having a look, the hotel also doubles as a living museum and it just like going back in time! so many incredible objects on display not the mention the beautiful old lift in the main reception!
Overall we had a truely wonderful day which really was exactly what we both needed! When we got home we went to see Lawless which is AMAZING! if you haven't seen it, do! it doesn't disappoint!
I know I said I didn't get anything, but that was a bit of a lie. I didn't get anything vintage because even though there was some beautiful things it really was extortionately priced, but did buy some lovely things from the exhibition, a print of her 'when I was last in love piece' and a tote bag! well worth the overdraft I think!
how have you all spent your weekends?
Love Hollie xx

3 comments:

  1. The hotel looks so lovely from the outside! My weekends have been spent writing... *sigh* I long to have adventures like yours x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful setting! It reminds me a bit of some of the beaches in the Maritime provinces of Canada. Your skirt is so wonderfully pretty - softly hued gingham is always a winner in my books.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always lovely to see Margate in print! I moved here three years ago and still love the place. With a great up and coming Old town with vintage shops and a beautiful sea view, what's not to love!!
    Glad you enjoyed your stay!

    Shelly

    ReplyDelete