pages

Saturday, 18 August 2012

The Doris Day Dress

Recently, as an antedate to the chaos I've been making my way through my Doris Day boxsets. I have to admit to having become abit of a fanatic. I've always adored her but now I cannot stop watching her films or listening to her. For that reason I've pretty much been wearing this dress every day. 
Please excuse my frown, the sun was glaring in my eyes!
I recieved this beautiful pink shirt dress for christmas from my mum. It was slightly too big so I took it in abit along the darts and hey presto a dress Doris her self would of been proud of!

Its the hottest day of the year apparently today here in London and Im going to brave central to pick up a few bits so I paired my dress with white sandals from office a white belt, a vintage basket and my trusty white lillies.
please ignore the lidl bag and washing, tut!

I think its time to brave the heat! Tonight I'm going to see the Royal Family of Strange People at the south bank theatre and I'm really excited, a lovely night out is just what I need.
Hope you all have a fun day in the sun.

Bye for now
Hollie xx


2 comments:

  1. If that dress was in my closet, I'd be thoroughly tempted to wear it every day, too! It's such a beautiful, cheery shade of pink, and the cut is so becoming and classic.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colour of that dress really suits your skin, you look glowing and peachy keen! :P Love to hear what this play is like! x

    ReplyDelete