pages

Wednesday, 15 August 2012

Suit's You....

At the moment everything seems to be going wrong. Honestly
is everything so tiresome? but no use dwelling, onward and upward as they say and I'm looking forward to october when fingers crossed the solider and I will be going to the 1940s weekend in Pickering, Yorkshire with a few friends. My plans for the weekends wardrobe consist of suits, hats,heels and my beautiful white fur set which I've yet to show. I've already shown my first 1940s suit on here and last night I won my second.

This little beauty will shortly be winging its way to me from across the pond. Isnt it lovely!

the jacket is so well tailored and look at those buttons!


the fur set I mentioned I won a while back and it consists of capelet, headband and heart shaped hand warmer. It really is the film 'White Christmas' in accessory form. Rosemary Clooney eat your heart out! The seller told me the set was purchased by a father as a gift to his daughter to wear on her wedding day, swoon! the only issure is the headband is teeny tiny, but as luck would have it I also recently found a length of white fur that matches exactly. With this I'm planning on turning one half into a halo with elasticated back and with the other I'd love to make a 1950s style headband hat!
I cant even begin to tell you how excited I am for the weather to turn cold so I can wear it with my dreamy new suit!!

Love Hollie xx

ps.all pictures are from the ebay seller. They weren't taken by me.

6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful suit! I hope things start to look up for you very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear that you've been going through such a rough patch lately, dear gal. As the old adage says, it never rains, but it always pours, eh?

    I'll keep my fingers crossed and hopes high for you that things to start to improve really soon.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how can things be wrong when you will look so right! hugs for you my dear and I'm sure the good suit vibes will serve you well xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my god I'm so jealous of that suit!! :) lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry things aren't going so well, but hurrar for suits! I'm sure things will cheer up once your on holiday x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I do hope things get a bit easier for you very soon! That suit is to die for!!!! I can't wait to see you wear it, your going to look flipping FABULOUS!! xx

    ReplyDelete