pages

Thursday, 19 July 2012

A room with a view...

I'm back.
Due to one reason or another the holiday didn't quite go as we'd hoped, for this reason I wasnt really in the mood to do outfit pictures, I also don't really have a whole lot to say about it, I'd rather not think about it anymore so I thought I'd do something a little different and show you some pictures of my favorite bits of my room.

a few of my favourite hats on the wall, vintage baskets, vintage cases used to store, from bottom, clothes that are more like dress up clothes, clothes I don't wear, head scarves, stockings and hair flowers. 
This is my dressing table on top of an old tall boy I found on the street.
My mum has bought me most of these things as presents. The blue and yellow ladies store my hair pins, the toby mug is for make-up brushes and down at the front is my beautiful 1950s Bakelite and crystal hair slide my boy bought for me at an event.
A close up of the things are above my dressing table. The little crying girl cross stitch was a birthday present, as were the ceramic red shoes(the red shoes is one of my favourite fairy tales/film) The vintage fashion illustration I got from a junk store and the little silk souvenir hankie was a valentines gift from my soldier.
Now, this is probably my absolute favourite part of my room (after my wardrobe of course!)
For a while I've collected photographs of service men, Mostly WW2 but some earlier. This is a small collection on the wall above my bed. The small oval one on the right is one of my most treasured possessions, my Russian soldier playing the accordion. I later found out he is actually Belorussian which is where my nanny is from.

So, that was just a small trip around my room. Now I have to go and continue preparing myself for the weekend ahead, I'm heading to War&Peace tomorrow, is anyone else going?

Love Hollie xx

2 comments:

  1. Ohh I love your room! The photos of the soldiers are especially wonderful.

    xo,
    Em

    ReplyDelete
  2. What immensely lovely vintage trinkets and treasures you have! I'm very sorry that your trip didn't go as hoped, and hope that the rest of your summer will be much, much more enjoyable.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete