pages

Thursday, 7 June 2012

My favourite hat

Once again I've been through a bit of a blogging dry spell. This once again is largely due to working, all the time (six days straight this week, tomorrow is my 5th of 6) So anyway regardless of spending every hour at work I still managed to go home for a very brief visit last weekend. It was so lovely to see my mum and get a little bit pampered. On saturday we went shopping and for lunch. Neither of us found anything other than a small pair of ceramic forget-me-not earrings that match my brooch. 
On the rare days that I have off, therefore am not bound in a horrid tate polo shirt, I need no encouragement to take my favourite outfits for a spin.
The dress I wore on Saturday is quickly becoming my go to outfit. It is an absolute gem that I got from ebay for an utter steal. 
Its original 1940s and I can only assume the bargain price I won it for is due to poor photographs and not much information, all good news for me! This is the top of the dress, it is made from heavy black cotton/linen with white flecks all over, the neckline is lovely with v cut out detail and buttons, it even has big patch pockets which I love. I have a bit of a love affair with dresses with pockets in.

The thing I love most about this dress is that it has a matching cropped jacket! I'm a sucker for a two piece! I paired my sweet little suit with seemed stockings, a velvet belt, my trusty mary janes, forget-me-not-brooch and of course my favourite hat.
I havn't really spoken about it here yet but I really love hats, theyre one of my favourite things too buy and I have the starting of quite a nice little collection (most of which I have to say tend to be a similar style either with fake flowers or netting, such a creature of habit!)

Anyway, my hats don't get nearly enough airing as they deserve but this little boater has had quite a few trips out recently, I got it from the old curiosity shop in Camden market for quite cheaply and I just adore it!my only other purchase whilst at home was another little hat, pink with flowers, I'm sure it'll make an appearance on here soon. 
I'm off to bed now in preparation for another day at work.
night night!
Love Hollie xx

6 comments:

  1. Such a lovely dress (that you could pair with an infinite number of different coloured accessories) and timelessly pretty hat. I can definitely see why this is becoming your go-to frock of choice.


    Wishing you a fabulous Friday & weekend ahead, sweet gal!
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress looks lovely on you, and that straw hat is amazing. I need one like it for the summer!

    xo,
    Em

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks again for such a lovely comment jessica! the dress and jacket are really versitile! im still realing from getting it for such a bargain price!!
    thanks emma! i absolutly love it too! im desperate for a huge straw one for the summer too, although the rain is never ending at the moment here in London! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous dress and I love that last photo - that would look good in Vintage Life magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute dress, and I love the shoes too! Go-to outfits are the best.

    ReplyDelete