pages

Wednesday, 27 June 2012

Glass Soldiers

I know I said I'd be back with more interesting posts regarding clothes but I just haven't had time/the energy after work to photograph the lovely things I've purchased recently. I will do soon though and then the more fashion related posts will resume, but for now and in the hope of getting my momentum back I thought I'd share these portraits I did for an exhibition in york last autumn. Not too surprisingly the piece was called 'The War Bride' and there were five small paintings in total but for some reason I dont have a scan of the fifth. I did the initial drawings on tracing paper which was then sandwiched between two small pieces of glass with the colour being painted on the bottom piece. They are probably the last drawings I did that I am actually happy with. I had planned on it being an ongoing project eventually showing them in their hundreds but that fizzled out so for now its just the five of them.

I hope you like them, fingers crossed normal blogging posts will resume when the grind stone allows!
love Hollie xx

1 comment:

  1. Great work! I really like the subtly muted palette you used here, injected with hits of vibrancy on the chaps' cheeks.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete