pages

Tuesday, 1 May 2012

Weekend wardrobe anxiety

As some of you may have read on my 'about me' page that I met my beau at the Blitz Party a little over three months ago, our eyes met across a crowded dance floor and that was it,the rest as they say is history....

Ok, so thats a bit of a fib, what really happened was I had had one too many and he was devilishly handsome, dressed as a G.I. and I decided he was the one for me. What I didn't realise at the time is not only is he a royal engineer in the real army but in his spare time him and his friends do a lot of ww2 reenactment events.

Now, I think its evident even from just two posts that I love vintage clothes/styling and I can't lie,I love my boy in his 1940s uniform's but the world of reenactment is completely alien to me.

On saturday he is taking me to my first event so I can get a feel for it and understand what it's all about before War&Peace in the summer.

Here's where my anxiety kicks in, what on earth does one wear to such a thing? It's one thing wearing beautiful dresses and seamed stockings everyday but I dont claim to be era authentic nor do I have appropriate clothing to spend time in a field especially with the current weather being what it is

As far as I can see I have two weather dependent options

A)rainy and muddy//vintage overalls/head scarf/kneehigh lace up boots

B)sunny and dusty//Tara Starlet VE blouse/Army parade skirt/stockings/mary janes

I'm really hoping its dry so I can wear the second of the two, even though I love my overalls and they are very comfy,they are so far out of my comfort zone I'm not sure I'm ready to go that far yet

Anyway,there is still time to decide and I don't suppose it really matters but at 11pm when I should be sleeping this is what is worrying me!

Has anyone ever been too one of these events? If so let me know what you think and a girls perspective of what to expect would be great!

Hollie xx

2 comments:

  1. I'd love to follow your blog, I love finding new blogs. Unfortunately, despite the fact that I've been blogging for years now I can't figure out where the follow icon has gone. I think blogger has done away with it... I'll have to add you by RSS. Keep it up, I think it's a lovely blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Louise, thank you for your lovely message! I'm really enjoying my blog so far and have had some really nice comments already! it's always encouraging to know others like what your doing! you're blog is really good also! love H xx

      Delete